Today I’ve stood in the kitchen looking around at the many ingredients I have trying to think of something I could make for the kids. This quickly led me to this delicious recipe that is a crowd pleaser in my home. Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins are very easy to make, and taste great! They are a great treat for everyone, young and old, and don’t have too much sugar so they are a healthy treat for everyone.
Check out our Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins recipe now…
- 1 c. old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 c. applesauce
- 1 lg. egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. milk, orange or apple juice (or frozen concentrate)
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 tsp. double acting baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/3 sugar (optional)
- 1/2 c. cranberries, dried cranberries or raisins (optional)
- Spray 12 (3 inch) muffin cups with non-stick spray or use paper muffin liners.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Stir together the oatmeal, applesauce, juice or milk, egg, vanilla and oil or butter. Set aside.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Make a well in the center, and add the applesauce mixture. Stir until well combined, but do not over beat.
- Add raisins or cranberries if desired. Pour into the muffin pan filling each cup until 2/3 full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 15 minutes before removing muffins.
Makes 12 muffins.
Variation: Substitute 1/4 teaspoon ginger and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg for the cinnamon.