There is one item I never leave out of a fancy meal, squash. Sadly, I am the only person in my household that LOVES squash. There are a lot of squash recipes I try, but this is one of my favorite. The children will also eat it when I do a baked acorn squash. Check out Cooking Mommy’s Baked Acorn Squash recipe now!
Baked Acorn Squash Recipe
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter, diced
- 6 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place squash in a shallow baking pan, cut side down.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Turn cut side up; season with salt and pepper, dot with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 minutes more.